Android Developer needed!
Mautinoa Technologies is building a platform that allows people in need of humanitarian aid to receive and transact using digital cash. A longer description of what we do and who we are can be found in our FAQ.
As an Android app is going to be an integral part of the platform, we are looking for two highly skilled, experienced, and motivated Android developers. You would not only develop the app but be involved in making key technological and architectural decisions from the very beginning.
The Mautinoa team is spread throughout the world, with people in the US, Canada, UK, Belgium and Germany. However, our app development takes place in Europe. Android app development will require working closely with our UX/Design team, situated in Berlin.
Currently we are about to start our product-building phase. After a few months of prototyping we are now ready to throw away all code, refine and rework our APIs, keep everything we learned and move to produce a rock solid product and change the trajectories of the lives of the world’s most vulnerable communities.
At Mautinoa Technologies we believe that smaller teams of more excellent people produce better results. We want organisational and decision-making processes to aid, not hinder us. To avoid burn out, we expect our people to commit to a longer project with a very high level of quality and individual responsibility.
If you are up for an exceptional challenge and you want to do good in the world while working with a quality team, check out our requirements.
Still think you’re a perfect match? Contact us the way you like. We don’t care about fancy cover letters or shiny CVs. A few nice words about yourself and a link to Github is perfectly okay. If you have any apps in the Google Play store or any other app stores, show them to us as well.
- You actually know what you do rather than relying on formal credentials (Which are fine, but there are many ways to achieve excellence).
- You have been doing Android app development for a few years now.
- Android/Java isn’t the only technology you have ever worked with.
- You understand and are able to compare different technologies to create an Android app.
- You have more than a basic understanding of Information Security.
- You are familiar with functional programming and its idioms.
- You are capable of informed decision making about what technologies to use, based on reason and not on personal preference or experience.
- You are willing to learn. A lot.
- You care.
- You are not afraid of intellectual challenges. The harder the better!
- Experience building and/or auditing secure systems.
- Experience writing exploits.
- Experience with automatic testing, pair programming, S.O.L.I.D. principles, Clean Code principles and Continuous Integration
- You have created the architecture of and implemented a larger framework and plugin API.
- You know your way around implementing against the Secure Element API.
- You are equally passionate about prototyping new things, getting stuff done and being involved in a possibly tiresome QA process.
- You have experience writing Kotlin (we are currently thinking about using it for our production code)
Think you have what it takes? Send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com